You’ve probably seen the “What’s in my bag?” posts here and there, whether it’s on YouTube, various blogs, or US Weekly. We thought that it would be fun to take part by showing the world what’s in our bags. We may not be celebrities, but we sure as hell have full purses. Here’s a look at what’s in mine…
Alright. Let’s get into it. I’m just literally laying it all out on the table for you. Right now, this is the complete contents of my purse. Okay, fine. I threw out some trash. But, this is the good stuff. This picture is a bit overwhelming, I know. So, let’s break it down.
I am currently growing out a pixie cut. Right now, I’m in this really weird Florence Henderson meets Joe Dirt phase and, well, it’s not pretty. I’ve been using polybands to put my mullet up, but sometimes that doesn’t do it. So, I’ve got the turband just in case!
The essentials! Gotta have the iPod Touch (circa 2008? 2009?) with the purple earbuds. Also, these awesome cat-eye sunglasses that I picked up at Urban Outfitters when I was in Austin for SXSW. (The best part is that on the inside of the arm it says “Throwin’ Shade.” You can sort of see it in the picture!)
Bam! Shocker, guys. I have a lot of makeup in my bag. Ipsy lovers, you probably recognize this bag as their December 2013 “Celebration” bag. I do manage to make use of all of my Ipsy bags and I sometimes switch them up, but I’ve gotta say, this one is my go-to. I like black. What can I say? This is the longest bit, so bear with me. Here’s what’s inside:
- Ulta’s Double Duty Foundation + Primer in Nude Beige. I love this foundation. It is the perfect consistency, if not a little bit thick. Sometimes I’ll mix it in with a bit of sunscreen or lotion to remedy that. It has a really awesome matte finish and lasts all day. Love it.
- Dr. Brandt’s Pores No More. This is maybe the best product ever. It’s a pore refining primer, but it’s tinted, so you can use it as a light foundation. It’s amazing and I was thrilled to get this travel-sized sample in one of my subs after my full-sized ran out. Especially since the full size is $45. Ouch.
- Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette. I love this palette. It’s the perfect neutral palette for smokey eyes or just a bit of dimension. Again, mostly matte colors, so if you’re into shimmer, you may want to try their Naked3 Palette.
- Benefit They’re Real! Pushup Liner. Best. eyeliner. ever. Ariel recently reviewed it. She loves it a little less than I do, but it’s a great review!
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara. This is a good mascara. Is it my favorite ever? Eh, probably not. But, I’m a fan, for sure!
- Urban Decay Black Velvet 24/7 Eyeliner. I like to carry around a nice soft eyeliner pencil in addition to my gel liner. You never know.
- Benefit Posie Balm. Can you tell I love Benefit? This is a great lip balm with a really beautiful hint of color!
- Elizabeth Mott Tints & Sass. This is an awesome lip stain that I got in last month’s Ipsy bag and I just love it. It’s a really bold red. Long lasting. Just awesome.
- Manna Kadar Lipstick in Street Smarts. I recently reviewed this. This color is amazing and since I just bought it, I’ll probably be toting it around everywhere for the next few weeks.
- Ulta Tinted Lip Balm in Cupid. This is just your basic lip balm, but with a nice pop of red. Why not, right?
- Drugstore Brand Brow Pencil. I have no idea what brand this is. It’s tiny now though, so I suppose it’s almost time to get a new one.
- E.L.F. Pressed Powder. I don’t spend a lot of money on powder, so the E.L.F. brand has been great! It’s inexpensive and it works well. That’s really all I ask.
- E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush. This brush was $3 and I love it! I know that someone who is as obsessed with makeup as me should probably invest in nice brushes. But, I think these are great for my needs.
- Coastal Scents Eyeshadow Brush. I wish this brush were a little bit shorter, but otherwise it’s great!
Two words: Tide Pen. I carry this thing with me everywhere. I have one in my purse, one in my work tote, and one in my backpack. When I was a server, I used to keep one in my apron. (Servers, do that. If someone spills something on their brand new sweater and you pull out a tide pen, guess who’s getting a big tip?) Then, of course, hand sanitizer because germs are everywhere. Next up is Very Chelsey 350. It’s a perfume stick. Perfect for on the go! I’m shocked that I only had one tube of lotion or hand cream in my purse because I’m addicted. (I got this one from last month’s Birchbox and I really love it!) I also carry around a tampon or two, just in case. And, last but certainly not least, Lactaid pills because I love cheese but cheese doesn’t love me.
I usually carry around my Moleskine notebook and/or a book of New York Times crossword puzzles. But right now, I’m rockin’ the Post-Its. I’ve also got my Pilot G2 pen (for writing) and an Indian Ink pen (for drawing). I always carry around a stack of business cards. Shameless plug: Gig Salad is awesome! Also, I need to get a business card case.
And here’s the last of it! I love this Glam RX compact. It’s magnetized and you’re supposed to put makeup in it, but I use it to store my tweezers.
Whew! That was a lot more work than I thought it was going to be. But, enough about me. What’s in your bag?