My co-bloggers and I have decided to do this fancy, “What’s in my bag?” post for all of you. I feel so incredibly vulnerable right now. You’re going to know the REAL me. So, scared.
Anyway, my current bag is a (probably fake) Michael Kors I got in Mexico with the lovely JoAnna, Cassie, and our friend Ryan this past May. Here’s what’s in it:
It looks pretty standard for the most part. If I were an outsider looking in on this purse I’d probably think, well, this woman has a penchant for long necklaces and personal hygiene. So, I’m okay with that.
The first item in my bag I’d like to talk about is that gray/silver box up there. I really like to sew. That’s a Gingher snipping shear box I carry with me. I’m always finding stray pieces of thread to cut off myself (and sometimes other people, don’t judge). If you like sewing, I just wrote a couple refashion pieces.
Here are those long necklaces I mentioned. To be honest, I probably have 5 others. I love long necklaces. After work, I hate long necklaces. I like to toss my jewelry in my bag and drive home restriction free. The same goes for those huge earrings. GET OFF ME.
Guys, if I don’t travel with these three items I’m worried what my hair might do. It could entangle small animals, or strangle my co-workers, or even make phone calls without my consent. Who knows, the only thing I know is that it needs to be TAMED. You can go check out our “About Us” section if you want to see a picture of my long hair.
Next up we have the bare minimum of make-up products I carry with me. Sometimes I carry more, sometimes less, but always these type of items. The brands I’m carrying today are:
- Chapstick Classic Cherry. Why do I carry this? Because even in it’s name it denotes “classic” and is a life saver when your lips suddenly feel like sandpaper. That doesn’t happen to you? Well, you’re probably not from New England.
- NYX butter gloss in Apple Strudel. I got this in my June 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag and I’ve been carrying it ever since. I absolutely love the color and it’s not too sticky. If you like lip gear, I would suggest reading up on JoAnna’s review on Manna Kadar Lipstick in Street Smarts.
- Benefit They’re Real! Mascara. Got. to. love. this. It’s definitely my favorite mascara right now. It’s not heavy and gives you a great extended lash.
- Benefit They’re Real! Push-up Liner. This is my eyeliner for the moment. I love the long lasting stay and the deep color, but it goes on pretty rough. I just wrote a review on it a few days ago.
- Revlon Nail Polish in Siren (440). This is my nail color of the moment. It’s really summery and lasts decently with just a couple of coats no base or top coat. To me, that’s saying a lot.
There’s not much I can say about these two items except – hey, I like to keep things clean, okay? Is that too much to ask? Moving on.
I’m not sure how to explain this one. The best way for me to describe my relationship with Nine West is that they’re my brand crush. They have everything I want, but I just can’t seem to seal the relationship deal. It’s not Facebook official, guys. Mostly because I would go broke.
On the other hand, these are my practical items –wallet and glasses case.
This last photo has more meaning. See those keys up there? Anyone of my close friends know that I have a special relationship with my cars. Without my car, I would be living with my mother, reading five romance novels a day, and eating bagels by the sevens.
The second item in this photo would be my headphones. There’s not much meaning there except who can live without headphones these days? I probably have ten pairs. Those ones specifically I got for free from work.
The last item is really special. It’s a notebook my grandmother gave me the day of my graduation party for my Master’s. You can’t really read the words, but it says, “I’m kind of a big deal.” It makes you feel really special inside to think that someone truly thinks that about you. My “Mum”, as I call her, is my best friend and support system. I could not have made it as far in life without our midnight cry-fests.
So, that’s it guys–my bag! I hope you enjoyed your little peak into my life. My co-blogpart’s bags are probably just as interesting. So check them out, too! What’s in your bag?