Today baby Ant had his liver biopsy. The cat scan that they used to insert the needle didn’t show any irregularities, but we won’t have the results of the biopsy until probably Wednesday. Unfortunately, they were unable to draw labs during the procedure because they had difficulty getting the IV in. The whole point of drawing labs during the procedure was that he would be asleep and the IV would make it easier to get blood out. Now we have to wait until Monday to get most of blood work done and the genetics tests won’t be drawn until the 19th of November. This is REALLY frustrating and its looking more and more like we need to get to Boston and have Ant treated by the most experienced liver doctors.
Right now Ant is in the PICU for recovery. Because of his history with lung problems, he was put on a high-flow oxygen tube when he first arrived in the PICU. They just switched him to a regular oxygen tube and hopefully soon he will be completely off the oxygen. He has had nothing but an IV with dextrose since 8 AM, so I really want to be able to feed him soon. Most likely he will stay in the PICU over night so they can monitor him, but we can go home some time tomorrow. On Monday, Ant will have an appointment with his pediatrician. In the mean time his dad and I will be discussing if we will take him to Boston Children’s Hospital, and we will be in contact with them to see what they can do for Ant that isn’t being done here at Tulane.
Please, every one, continue sending love our way. It is greatly appreciated.
If you would like to donate to help Baby Ant get the care he needs, we started a GoFundMe account for him. You can find it here at GoFundMe.com. Thank you all!